Roni!!! Love this girl, her style is so... well her blog name says it all.
'Style and Poise' very fitting if I say so myself! Roni is a thrifty shopper like myself. We both got these amazing shirt dresses at our local thrift stores. Even matched with multicolor shoes, wide belt and a neutral jacket! Not only is she beautiful on the outside, but she's also beautiful on the inside. If you haven't seen her blog, check her out at www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com
*This post is a part of Flor de Maria's 'Dress like your favorite blogger challenge.
I was perusing the web the other day looking for "new" fashion blogs and I came across a blog called Frills and Ruffles that was very nice! On June 29, 2010 Frills and Ruffles did a post called Who am I? If people are defined by their frocks, then who am I? I thought it was great and was inspired by it and I decided to do my own. Read the original here. Check it out...
So, what does this outfit say about me?
1) This outfit says that I am conservative yet fun. I love classic pieces but I'm not stiff at all.
2) I consider my overall style to be conservative, urban and ethnic! I love suits and pumps; but I'm just as quick to wear Jordan's and anything made from Kente cloth!
3) I've worn this outfit plenty of places, I've worn it to work (pushin' it with the skirt length), I've worn it out to lunch with the girls!!
A few weeks ago I went thrift'ing' at my favorite spot and found two great pairs of culottes! I wanted to narrow it down to just one pair, but at two bucks a piece I said what the hay. I got them both. Then I got the new Instyle magazine and what do I see...
Yep, it's gotta be a sign, right! (?)
I still can't believe it, I haven't had a pair since '79!!!!
Culottes is a word that originated in French. Historically, "culottes" referred to the knee-breeches commonly worn by gentlemen of the European upper-classes from the late Middle Ages or Renaissance through the early nineteenth century. (Wikipedia)
I'm wearing a maxi skirt/dress, so I guess there's a first time of everything.
I fell in love with the print. It looks even more awesome in person.
I got this dress because I'd planned to shortened it, but like so many things on my fashion 'to-do' list, I fashion 'to-didn't'. I decided to wear it as a skirt instead, because in dress form lets just say it wasnt' so maxi.
Today's FBFF questions were inspired by a post from Vahni from Grit and Glamour several weeks ago in which she outlined her personal uniform or outfit formula as she dubbed it.
1. What’s your go-to outfit formula? Well during the work week a dress, because it's easy and cute paired with a jacket or cardigan and heels! On the weekend I wear skirts a lot, but I don't have to be on point with hemlines, so I keeps it short! Jeans and a cute top have never failed anyone.
2. How did you come about this formula? I didn't, it found me! It's a lot easier for a girl 6'3" to find a skirt suit than it is for me to find pants, although that's changing.
3. Do you have different formulas for different occasions in your life?
Not really, I'm all about the easy...and for me skirts= easy!
4. Has it morphed over the years? Yes, when I was younger there was no formula, lol. As a teen, I had a uniform----- GRUNGE and in my early twenties it was logoed everything.
5. Which other blogger’s outfit formula would you like to swipe?
This was partly fueled by a suggestion from Suz of MissVinylAhoy!
1. Since you began blogging do you notice a change in the types of things you gravitate towards while shopping? Absolutely, I do a lot more vintage shopping looking for those one of a kind pieces. I used to do it for fun...now I do it for sport!!!
2. Do you find, as a fashion blogger, that you dress differently from your family and friends? Yes, but I've always had my own point of view so to speak. My family is full of fashionista and nistos! Do they comment on that? Yes, for better or worse, lol.
3. What’s the weirdest fashion that you secretly like, even if you aren’t bold enough to wear it? In my head I'd totally wear gold fronts *don't tell anybody*
4. Looking at current trends – what would you like to try but need to build up the courage to do? A body con dress--i.e.Herve Ledger. Maybe one day, after a fast and two pair of Spanx!
5. Toot someone’s horn – what fashion blogger out there inspires you with her bold fashion choices? There are soooo many but I'm really feeling Roni from Poise and Confidence and Tanya from Major Must Haves.